This program is a research-based exercise design program for shallow depth. It provides leaders with functional techniques to design safe and effective programs for a variety of ages, skills and fitness levels. This foundation program will provide you with a complete overview of how to facilitate motivational & enjoyable group exercise programs. You will experience both theory (classroom) and practical (pool) applications to build a well-balanced program. NO Experience necessary – just a love of the water and fitness.
Registration fee includes:
Comprehensive Manual with study guide questions,
16 hours of lecture & pool time
DVD001 – The Art of Exercise Science DVD
DVD003 – Beginner Muscles DVD
plus 8 LAMINATED pool reference cards
WaterART Certification Exam (theory & practical),
8.0 CEC’s for AFPA, YMCA, WaterART, AEA.
WaterART online profile of qualifications
Certification Diploma and recognition when you are successful with the exam.
The exams are completed via a take home exam that you have up to four months to complete. Theory exam is open book – take home & you may mail or email the answers. The practical exam may be completed either via an onsite assessment or VHS video/DVD/USB submission. You may decide at the course how you would like to complete the training.
• Review current research on water fitness.
• Understand the difference between land and water exercise.
• Explore the powerful properties of the water.
• Learn the basic water moves & variations.
• Design TARGET TRAINING SETS for cardiovascular, muscular endurance & strength, flexibility, and weight management components of the class.
• Learn BLUEPRINT DESIGN for shallow and deep water depths.
• Investigate effective communication techniques using both visual and verbal cuing system.
• To teach safely either on deck or in the water.
• Examine the major muscle groups and their joint action.
This course may be utilized for Continuing Education Credits (CEC’s) for 8.0 WaterART, AEA, ACE, AFPA, YMCA
Certification Process & Exam details:
The practical exam will be completed via an onsite practical assessment & take home theory exam. Must be completed within 4 months (after the course) or there is a $35.00 penalty fee.
All registrations via WaterART
Master Trainer & Contact info: Janet Rollero (908)216-6580
- please register with WaterART Fitness at 1 866 5-GET WET or click below to add to shopping cart
If you are staff /member of JCC you may contact FOR coupon code: Kathy Torre 973-530-3522
Otherwise All registrations through WaterART Fitness. 1 866 543-8938 OR email us
Materials will be given out at session UNLESS requested in advance for $15.00 shipping fee.